- Project Scoping and Estimating
- Substation Automation Engineering and Design
- SCADA RTU and HMI Programming
- Substation Physical Security and Cybersecurity
- Material and Equipment Procurement Support
- Construction Management Services
Sargent & Lundy’s is ready to put the depth of its energy experiences, personnel resources, quality focus, and proven processes to work on your next assignment.
Substation automation and cybersecurity protection have advanced tremendously in recent years and now include services and components that were once discrete devices. The type and amount of information exchanged between intelligent electronic devices (IEDs) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems within a power system are increasing, compounding the security risks associated with keeping a substation’s local area network (LAN) free from cyber intrusions. Sargent & Lundy has the experience and technical expertise to unite all of these services and devices into a custom package designed to securely fit your specific substation automation and data needs.
- Completed hundreds of physical security and cybersecurity related projects over the last decade for North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) sites ranging from 115 kV to 500 kV
- Human-machine interfaces (HMIs), SCADA remote terminal units (RTUs), input/output (I/O) modules, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), IEDs, metering
- Firewalls, routers, switches, ethernet, Synchronous optical networking (SONET), microwave, wireless
- Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), intrusion detection systems (IDS), communication processors, data gateways, access management
We have a proven track record of focusing our wide range of resources to create unique solutions that satisfy specific client needs. We pair precise technical and consulting skills along with the critical experience needed for the success of each engagement. The resulting scope of our services matches the breadth and depth of the technical issues that need to be considered to successfully and securely implement substation automation projects.