Hydrogen Engineering Services Designed Around Your Goals
Ambitious decarbonization goals are being set throughout the world by companies, governments, utilities, and other organizations, and require a multi-faceted approach to reduce carbon emissions. Hydrogen presents an immense opportunity to produce and use a low- or zero-carbon emission fuel throughout the economy, including in several sectors that have proven difficult to decarbonize. Given its versatility, it’s no wonder the momentum behind hydrogen has increased dramatically over the past few years.
Sargent & Lundy has been working with this molecule for decades. From industrial applications like generator cooling systems to nuclear power applications such as containment venting, we understand hydrogen’s potential and its engineering challenges. We’ve been solving complex problems in the power and industrial sectors for over 130 years, and our unique combination of expertise and client dedication creates a unique advantage for today’s hydrogen projects. Find a detailed list of our hydrogen experience here and learn how we can help with each aspect of a hydrogen project.
Why Clients Choose Sargent & Lundy
- Integrated project teams of engineering leads and regulatory specialists.
- A deep understanding of engineering standards and specifications, including participation in several code committees.
- A long history of meeting and exceeding clients’ needs and expectations.
- A commitment to sustainability and innovation.
- An understanding of complexities associated with developing large-scale, state-of-the-art projects.
- Successful integration of new original equipment manufacturer (OEM) technologies into projects scaling in size from pilot plants to full commercial operations.
- Experience and expertise with federally funded projects.
- Project Scoping and Cost Estimates
- Detailed Engineering and Design for New and Existing Facilities
- Material and Equipment Procurement
- Construction Management Services
- Permitting and Regulatory Support
Specialized Hydrogen Experience and Capabilities
Our strong base of hydrogen experience continues to grow dramatically, particularly with new, evolving applications. We’re assisting a client with a first-of-its-kind demonstration to blend green hydrogen with natural gas at a gas turbine power generation facility. We’re also designing a wind-power-to-gas project to produce green hydrogen for sale to a variety of end users.
Find a summary of our hydrogen capabilities here.
The list below highlights the types of hydrogen projects we’re executing in the evolving hydrogen economy.
Other Hydrogen-Related Areas of Specialty
- Facility Siting and Design
- Fuel Gas Blending Systems
- Gas Turbine Power Facility Design (Simple and Combined Cycle)
- Coal-To-Gas Boiler Conversions
- Gas Compressor Systems
- Generator Cooling Systems with Hydrogen
- Ammonia Storage and Distribution Systems
- Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage Systems
- Synthetic Natural Gas Systems
- Renewable Natural Gas Systems
- Feedstock Loading and Product Unloading Stations
- Transmission Pipeline Design
- Emissions Control Technologies and Permitting
- PHA, HAZOP, and Risk Assessments
- Fire Detection and Protection Systems
- Gas Detection and Emergency Shutdown Systems