May 29, 2019 – Senior Vice President at Sargent & Lundy Peter Kelly will present methods to improve project design at the Gas Power Plant Engineering & Construction Conference and Exhibition on June 20 at 3:05 ET.
Successful design of major projects involves several moving pieces that should be closely integrated with construction. The design process involves creating the description of a new facility, represented by detailed plans and specifications. Construction planning entails identifying activities and resources required to make the design a physical reality. As such, construction is the implementation of a design envisioned by the architects and engineers - one can’t work without the other.
Kelly’s presentation Optimizing Design: Using replication to improve constructability and reduce schedule risk explores the interconnectedness of design and construction in further depth. Topics of focus include:
- How to significantly improve project delivery using advanced tools to replicate design.
- Case studies detailing how constructability, schedule, and sequencing can be optimized using innovative 3D modeling and replication techniques.
- The importance of early coordination and rigorous management.
Sargent & Lundy’s optimized approach to gas power plant projects have resulted in engineering efficiency gains that translated to shorter engineering schedule durations, design quantity reduction, and risk mitigation. Innovative 3D modeling technology and creative application of these tools is a large component of the firm’s process. Our wide range of gas power plant services include:
- Detailed Design / Engineer of Record.
- Management and coordination of overall plant design.
- Control design interfaces with equipment suppliers as needed for total plant design.
- Management, review, and approval of sub-vendor equipment and design.
- Engineering document control including vendor drawings.
- Physical design coordination in 3D model, including maintenance space.
- Integrated engineering/construction schedule tied and optimized to meet milestones.
- Construction and commissioning field engineering support.
- As-built drawings.
The Gas Power Plant Engineering & Construction Conference & Exhibition hosts 1,500 world class experts, industry leading CEO's and innovation service providers to discuss the biggest challenges and developments for gas power project delivery. The 2019 event in Pittsburgh will be bigger than ever before with more global business leader dialogue sessions and strategic panel sessions, alongside in-depth workshops and innovative trade show content.