Brookdale Community College Solar Carport Installation
Monmouth County, New Jersey
Client: Miller Bros.
- Multiple project teams successfully met the ambitious one-year timeline requirement, including limiting physical construction activities to the summer months when school was not in session.
- Electric vehicle charging stations are incorporated throughout the project.
- Project will yield over $3.5 million in savings over its lifetime for the college.
Brookdale Community College, in partnership with Luminace, a Brookfield Renewable company, installed parking lot solar canopies on its Lincroft and Wall Township campuses in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
The 5.4‑MWdc Brookdale solar project features over 10,000 modules across the two campuses. The expedited design and construction for this project serves as a model for future projects in other New Jersey counties as they pursue goals to reduce overall electric bills, curtail carbon footprints, and counter rising electricity costs.
Sargent & Lundy was hired by Miller Bros., the engineering-procurement-construction (EPC) contractor, to serve as the engineer of record (EOR). The firm demonstrated its flexibility in providing a customized carport solution for a higher-education client in an expedited manner through multidiscipline design services:
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Structural Engineering.
- Construction Administration.
- Project Start: August 2021
- Turnover date: November 2022
Read more about our Energy & Industrial and Renewable Energy services.