CAROUSEL WIND POWER PROJECT
Kit Carson County, Colorado
Wind Project Financing Support
Client: NextEra Energy Resources
- 150 MW total
- Began commercial operation in 4Q 2015
- 81 GE 1.715-103 and 6 GE 1.79-100 wind turbines
Sargent & Lundy was engaged by NextEra Energy Resources to serve as the independent engineer for the tax equity financing of the 150-MW Carousel Wind Project. Sargent & Lundy’s independent engineering evaluation was performed for the benefit of the two tax equity investors, who are among the leading banks in the U.S. participating in these types of projects.
Sargent & Lundy reviewed the wind turbine technology, the balance-of-plant design, the overall construction of the project, and the major project contracts. In addition, Sargent & Lundy verified the completion of construction and commissioning. Also, Sargent & Lundy project team members performed uptower inspections of selected wind turbines as part of the review.
- Wind turbine technology review
- Balance-of-plant design review
- Grid interconnection review
- Site suitability review
- Technical review of project contracts
- Construction and completion monitoring
- Financial model review
For more information about our services, please visit our Renewable Energy page.