Sister Lakes Upgrades Project
near Hartford, Michigan
Client: American Electric Power
Sargent & Lundy EPC Joint Venture with EC Source Services
- Right-of-way acquisition/public outreach
- Engineering and design/procurement
- Construction, testing, and commissioning
The Sister Lakes Upgrades Project near Hartford, Michigan, was implemented to address low voltage issues identified in the near future, along with providing more dependable looped service to two existing substations and an industrial customer.
The Sister Lakes Upgrades Project includes constructing new substations, new electric transmission lines, and rebuilding an existing line.
- Building two new substations (Keelette and Rothadew)
- Constructing 9 miles of new 69 kV transmission line
- Rebuilding 12 miles of 34.5 kV line to 69 kV
- Distribution underbuild
The execution of this project was performed as a Joint Venture entity called ECSL. Sargent & Lundy is providing the project management, procurement, and engineering & design for these projects. EC Source is providing the construction services.
- Project start: June 2015
- Construction start: October 2016
- Project end: December 2017
Read more about our electric grid infrastructure services.
For information about EC Source, go to ecsourceservices.com.
For information about American Electric Power, go to www.aep.com.
69kV & 138kV Infrastructure Improvement Projects in Six States: Project Profile