November 25, 2019 – Sargent & Lundy released its 2019 sustainability report summarizing the firm’s commitment to implement and measure sustainable practices and business operations.
Sargent & Lundy’s policy is to conduct business operations within the firm’s control in a sustainable, cost-effective manner, inclusive of utility consumption, fuel consumption, and waste management. Sargent & Lundy’s sustainability goals for 2019-2021 include:
- Ensure successful implementation of the sustainability plan.
- Improve performance management and communication.
- Reduce energy utilization and environmental footprint.
- Reduce transportation-related fuel consumption.
- Reduce water consumption.
- Reduce the environmental impact of purchased products.
- Reduce overall waste generated across office operations.
- Drive companywide sustainability performance by encouraging employees to adopt sustainability practices as part of the firm’s workplace culture.
- Identify and evaluate potential areas for improvement in sustainability performance.
The firm has made strides to integrate sustainability into its business operations and workplace culture in recent years by actively participating in recycling programs; securing several energy efficiency certifications; providing employees with reusable aluminum water bottles and installing filtered water stations to reduce the use of plastic water bottles; donating furniture, supplies, and computer equipment to charitable organizations; and more.
Sargent & Lundy is developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of its sustainability efforts and will publish results annually.
Read the full 2019 Sargent & Lundy Sustainability Report.
Sargent & Lundy Named a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace for Fifth Consecutive Year
Sargent & Lundy Receives 2019 Delaware Top Workplaces Award from The News Journal