November 9, 2023 – Sargent & Lundy is hosting a booth and presenting at the GPA Midstream Rocky Mountain Chapter Regional Conference in Denver on Nov. 16. We invite attendees to visit us at our booth where our energy specialists will showcase the comprehensive solutions we offer to help our clients meet their energy delivery needs. Additionally, Gretchen Geisler will give a presentation on hydrogen’s applications in the midstream industry, including its challenges and potential as a sustainable energy solution.
Geisler will present “Hydrogen: Properties, Production, Applications, and Opportunities in the Oil & Gas Sector” from 10:30-11 a.m. MST. She will cover key topics such as:
- Hydrogen’s properties, including leakage, density, and flammability, in comparison to natural gas.
- Current and emerging hydrogen production methods and the importance of underground storage.
- Hydrogen's role in decarbonization and relevant regulatory incentives.
- Hydrogen's potential within the midstream oil and gas sector, including hydrogen blending into natural gas pipelines, 100% hydrogen pipelines, and repurposing infrastructure for cleaner fuels.
- Challenges, limitations, and strategic blending locations in realizing hydrogen's adaptability as a cornerstone of sustainable energy solutions.
GPARMC serves as a forum for exchanging ideas and information regarding the midstream oil and gas industry and provides networking opportunities with others in the Rocky Mountain area. The GPARMC Regional Conference is attended by over 300 professionals representing engineering firms, suppliers, and owners and operators in the midstream industry.
Learn more about the event here.