May 16, 2022 - Sargent & Lundy is presenting at the POWERGEN International 2022 conference taking place May 23-25 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas. Professionals from the energy industry, including power producers, utilities, consultants, and large-scale energy users from around the world, will gather to collaborate on the status of the industry and its future with new emerging trends. Marc Prasse and Danielle Flagg of Sargent & Lundy will present on innovative technologies and services that contribute to ambitious decarbonization goals.
Prasse will present “Balance-of-Plant Impacts of Hydrogen Cofiring in Gas Turbines” from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. CDT on May 23. He will discuss:
- A general overview of hydrogen and the cofiring of hydrogen with natural gas in combustion turbines.
- Balance-of-plant modifications that a gas-powered electric generating unit should consider for safe and reliable hydrogen cofiring.
- A case study on the modifications that may be needed to an existing plant to enable the cofiring of hydrogen.
Danielle Flagg’s presentation, “Carbon Capture as Part of the Energy Transition,” is from 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. CDT on May 24. She will discuss:
- The role of CO2 capture as a key decarbonization pathway in the transition to a net-zero carbon electricity sector.
- The current state of development of CO2 capture technologies, including direct air capture, and infrastructure.
- The ways CO2 capture can be applied to address near-term and long-term decarbonization goals.
Find more event information here.